Does Technology Make you Tick? Informa Training Partners is seeking to add a Sr. Director, Technology to our expanding team of professionals. The Sr. Director, Technology will be responsible for establishing strategy, standards and practices related to technology for our custom and off-the-shelf products. Additionally, this person will assist in developing technology strategies to maximize our efficiencies. If you possess these skill sets and are looking for a dynamic organization where you can make a difference, please contact us.
The Sr. Director, Technology reports directly to the Executive Directors/Co-founders and is accountable to other members of the senior leadership team. Responsibilities include setting the strategic direction and establishing the standards, methods, and practices related to Informa Training Partner’s technology-based custom and off-the-shelf product offerings, as well as, the selection of contractors to develop specific technology solutions. The Sr. Director, Technology will be Informa Training Partner’s internal expert on the hottest trends in mobile and wireless technology and help to keep us “ahead of the curve” with our customers Additionally, this person will be responsible for driving internal technology strategies to maximize efficiencies and ensure the security of our operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic planning discussions for technology (externally for customer learning solutions and internally for efficient and secure operations).
- Think strategically and recommend ideas that will help increase growth and profitability.
- Provide input in helping to evaluate, refine, and efficiently manage the development process to meet objectives.
- Establish and maintain the methods, practices, tools, and techniques required to efficiently and cost-effectively develop and deliver Informa Training Partner’s technology-based learning solutions.
- Evaluate new and future tools and platforms for creating and delivering cutting-edge technology-based learning solutions.
- Attend learning technology conferences in order to keep the company abreast of the latest trends in mobile and wireless technologies to incorporate into learning solutions for our customers.
- Serve as key contact and relationship manager with key contractors to develop specific technology solutions, as well as, oversee the production phase with these contractors.
- Responsible for evaluating internal technology requirements across multiple stakeholders and develop technology strategies to drive efficient and secure operations.
Leadership and Coaching
- Provide leadership by evaluating and pursuing initiatives and opportunities that will drive overall strategic direction for technology-based learning solutions.
- Recruit and retain talented people who will develop current and future technology learning platforms.
- Coach technology developers, internally and externally, to ensure customer satisfaction, quality and on-budget.
- Maintain positive and open working relationships with clients, freelancers, vendors and strategic business partners to ensure satisfaction/retention.
- Recognize problems and respond appropriately by systematically gathering information, sorting through the issues, and making a timely decision.
- Periodically review the quality of draft and final deliverables for specific custom/off-the-shelf programs to ensure that client expectations and Informa Training Partners standards are met.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional team members to evaluate and develop internal technology strategies that maximize efficiencies and ensure secure operations.
New Business Development
- Help our design team select the right technologies to meet the current and future training needs of our customers.
- Provide insight into implementation schedules for the various learning technologies to ensure efficiencies, as well as, provide input into the effort/hours needed to deliver the solution for pricing purposes.
- Provide input to program design when a technology component is included in a proposal; provide technology specs/summary for proposal solution.
- Participate and present at select pitches/presentations (when appropriate).
- Support team effort to expand our business in new target markets.
- Support our off-the-shelf product development.
- Collaborate with internal team to first brainstorm and then develop new eTools that fulfill a new business objective/need for our clients.
- Be a good listener and foster open communications between internal/external teams.
- Share information and ideas with others.
Corporate Vision and Values
- Support company values, communicate vision and values to others, and generate enthusiasm.
- Serve as a leadership role model for members of the team – encourage and inspire them to be the best they can be.
- Promote reliability, dependability, and trust in all aspects of work experience.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Education (or equivalent experience): BA/BS
- Experience: 5 – 7 years
- Direct Reports: 1 – 3
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Employees will be expected to complete other duties as assigned by their manager.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.